Thursday, October 9, 2008

Count your many blessings...

Hmmmm, where do I start? Life the past month has been interesting for our family. A few weeks ago, I had to go in for a minor out patient procedure to remove a very large kidney stone and despite how simple my problem was, I couldn't believe the pain I felt. I was on some serious pain medication after the surgery luckily, and didn't really feel much of anything for about a week. And then this terrible stomach flu hit my family. One by one we each started showing symptoms, and after we all had fevers and were vomiting every two seconds it seemed to pass just as quickly. Then just as that seemed to be over, the owners of our house had the water shut off (which had always been included with the price of the house)- well cancelled really. Our management company and we think they are foreclosing on our house and aren't telling us (yeah). So after we figured out what happened and got it fixed.... a few days later, our power gets shut off. I really thought I was going to flip a lid at this point. Somehow both Josh and I had misplaced our power bills and forgot all about them until.... we had to live without power for 24 hours until they returned to turn it back on. And even though that sounds simple enough- no power is not easy even if it's a short time. But... Yesterday just as everything seemed to be over and done... Ellie got up and crawled across the floor for the first time. And then as if that wasn't wonderful enough in it's self, she grabbed the edge of the coffee table and pulled herself up to stand and look at us. She is so beautiful and if I had to go through everything I went through all over again just to see the triumph on her face, I would. My children are such wonderful blessings, I truly believe the universe helps balance it out for me. Life can't be too perfect or we wouldn't ever learn anything I guess.